support home

Back to website
Welcome
Login  Sign up

Policy requirements for automatic registration using diviceID hash

Hi Ross, - I have another 3 ad networks which you don't seem to list: Buzz City, Mobfox and Inneractive. Thanks for the suggestions, would you link me to them to minimize any misunderstandings? - I have a back-end server from which I can send a signal to my app (not the user) to update the config. Do you classify this under sending push notifications to the user? Not necessarily, what kind of config file is that? Do you feel like there's a relevant user data collection/processing practice involved? - My app automatically registers the device on the back end server using a hash of the DeviceID. This is used for the push notifications just mentioned. How (if necessary) should this be included in the Privacy Policy? For that we have the "Unique device identification" service. Read through it, it may be borderline accurate. - I only record the true DevideID if my app has detected tampering with the APK file. Does this need to be handled as part of the privacy policy. That's interesting I haven't heard that before. I would make this a custom service, it's definitely a relevant data processing practice. If you don't know how to do that, here's a quick hint: http://iubenda.com/dashboard > edit/add privacy policy > add service > create custom service ( https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/posts/386 ) Hope this helps Simon
  • Hi A couple of questions: - I have another 3 ad networks which you don't seem to list: Buzz City, Mobfox and Inneractive. - I have a back-end server from which I can send a signal to my app (not the user) to update the config. Do you classify this under sending push notifications to the user? - My app automatically registers the device on the back end server using a hash of the DeviceID. This is used for the push notifications just mentioned. How (if necessary) should this be included in the Privacy Policy? - I only record the true DevideID if my app has detected tampering with the APK file. Does this need to be handled as part of the privacy policy. Thanks
Login or Signup to post a comment