support home

Back to website
Welcome
Login  Sign up
Implemented

Support for bitly ?

Are there plans to add Support for bitly ?
  • Hi Dimitry, Interesting, I'm adding Bitly to our list of upcoming/possible integrations. I'll update you and this thread once/if we've moved forward, Best, Simon :)
  • I also need support for bitly. Please bump priority. Thanks!
  • Jonathan, hi again, We haven't moved forward with this because we aren't exactly sure about whether it makes a lot of sense. It's a grayish area where the third party (bit.ly) is potentially responsible for the disclosure/consent because THEY log this data. A link that's not embedded in html also shows clearly that a link shortener is about to be called. But yeah it's a tough topic. In theory most of these link shorteners are strictly speaking more than problematic because the disclosure needs to happen right then and there. If you feel like your users should know about it (which I don't disagree with), add a custom service to your policy saying that you are using bit.ly and that they collect certain data about a clicker. Link to bit.ly's privacy policy. http://iubenda.com/dashboard > edit/add privacy policy > add service > create custom service Hope this helps?
Login or Signup to post a comment