support home

Back to website
Welcome
Login  Sign up
Solved

Consent Solution in Prestashop

Good morning,

I have integrated Privacy and Cookie Policy, Cookie Solution, Terms and Conditions on a website.

For the Consent Solution, I entered the code in the HEAD. Do I have to do some other steps with the "Public API Key" field?

The platform in use is PRESTASHOP and I am not using modules. In case I have to do other steps, could you recommend a module?

Thank you

• Hello,

me too I'm looking for some help.

Is quite sad that after 9 month there is no answer at all.

Did you find some solutions by the way?

• No, I had a private massage by Iubenda where they readdress me to the API.

With Prestashop if you want to use Consent Solution as far as I understood you have to create your javascript solution by yourself. You can just use their API.

Good luck...

• Hi users,

Currently there is no an ad-hoc plugin for our Consent Solution, however, we will evaluate a possible release in the future.

For now, agencies or users need to follow a manual implementation.

The Consent Solution is an advanced technical tool that requires at least some familiarity with JavaScript. For a general introduction to the Consent Solution, we suggest that you consult this guide: https://www.iubenda.com/it/help/6525-introduzione-consent-solution 

From the guide you will see that the Consent Solution can be configured in two ways:

• manually via API;
    • via JavaScript widget

If you want to proceed with the integration via HTTP API, here you will find the dedicated documentation: https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/6484-consent-solution-http-api-documentation 
    For simpler integration, you can use the JavaScript library as per this guide: https://www.iubenda.com/en/help/6473-consent-solution-js-documentation 

A brief explanation of the basic steps of integration using the JavaScript library:

• log into your iubenda dashboard and select the site on which you want to activate the Consent Solution: www.iubenda.com/it/dashboard
    • among the different services available, click on “Activate” in the Consent Solution section (if you have not already done so). Then, click on "Integrate";
      at this point, you will find yourself in front of the panel with the instructions to proceed with the integration. Copy the code you find in the integration panel via JavaScript and paste it inside the HEAD tag of all the pages of your site / app;
    • complete the configuration by sending the data to iubenda via the Submit method or via the Load method described in the JavaScript guide above.

To further simplify, between the two methods I suggest you opt for the Load. In this way, to complete the configuration you will only have to enter another code immediately after the form to be traced. You can take the code in question from this example: https://codepen.io/iubenda/pen/gzVLpX?editors=1000 

This is the code that you find after the comment <! - LOAD -> and that you will need to customize as follows:

• inside the submitElement attribute specify the ID of the submit button of the form;
    • inside the selector attribute specify the ID of the form to trace;
    • inside the map object specify the names of the respective form inputs for each attribute of the subject and preferences.

To read and manage previously saved consents, you can either proceed using the HTTP API calls or through a dedicated graphical interface: the Consent Solution Dashboard, available on the edit page of your project.

Best,

Sara

iubenda

• No, Iubenda readdressed me to the API during a private massage. According to what I understand, if you want to use the Consent Solution with Prestashop, you must develop your own javascript solutionSimply utilize their API.

• Go to your Iubenda dashboard and choose the website where you wish to enable the Consent Solution:

Choose "Activate" from the list of services in the "Consent Solution" section (if you have not already done so). Then click "Integrate"; you will then be presented with a screen with instructions on how to continue with the integration. Copy the JavaScript code from the integration panel and put it in the HEAD tag of each page of your website or app;

Send the information to iubenda using the Load method or the Submit method as stated in the JavaScript guide above to finish configuring the system.

• useful information

• From the services available in the "Consent Solution" logo stock  section, select "Activate" (if you have not already done so). Then click "Integrate," and a screen with directions on how to carry out the integration will appear.

• When the data subject is aware of all the circumstances surrounding the data processing and knowingly consents to it, consent is considered informed. Informedness also includes knowledge of the right to withdraw consent.

1 person likes this
  • Informative post .It is really for me.

• Consent is deemed informed when the data subject is aware of all the facts surrounding the data processing and knowingly gives itKnowledge of the option to revoke consent is another aspect of being informed.

Login or Signup to post a comment